-
September 7th, 2001, 04:42 PM
#1
Scott Nocella
Guest
I just want to put this out on the board, I'm able to keep doing what I do because I do sound on a freelance basis. I feel I am starting to get busy and I want to network in the event I need to cover days...it would be great to network with other sound people with gear or without gear...preferably with. I go out with a package that includes carbon fiber boom w/blimp & fur, digital mixer with audio snake w/quick disconnect, 2 UHF Lectro wirelesses, Tram mics, back-up Sony 77B mic, Sennheiser shotgun for boom Me-66, tripod and grip gear to fly boom over subject for interviews, and handheld mic for situations that demand that....and don't forget windscreens for all mics. I'm located in the town of Long Beach in Long Island, NY. The majority of work is for Beta, DVCAM, Mini-DV cameras....so it's not film, but it pays the bills and there is plenty to learn about the process as it relates to film....I've found.
Work will be kicking up from all directions and I certainly want to network with friends or people that have a passion for film since I feel dedication and sense of purpose from those that have the passion for having fun and truly living.
Drop me a mail or post your reply, and we can certainly help one another out by helping each other cover jobs and refer work to one another.
Here's a good place to check for work WWW.Mandy.com....I saw an add for someone who wants a DP with a 16mm package.
Sharing is Caring,
Regards,
Scott
------------------
-
September 9th, 2001, 06:38 AM
#2
Alex
Guest
I can relate.
When I decided to get into editing so I could have my own equipment to edit my own movies, I also decided to avoid doing weddings and bar-mitvahs.
When I was fortunate enough to get BetaCam SP decks for my edit room, I could find no one else in my area with with a similar set-up to my own at my low pricing structure.
So I found myself in a spot where I had no mirror company to help and be helped by.
Good move Scott, I hope you find the mirror you seek.
-Alex
------------------
-
September 9th, 2001, 06:44 AM
#3
Alex
Guest
By the way, that is a heck of good link you provided...very impressive.
-Alex
------------------
[This message has been edited by Alex (edited September 09, 2001).]
-
September 10th, 2001, 10:27 PM
#4
Alex
Guest
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matt Pacini:
Yeah, I posted my film there, and got a call from a distributor!
I'm sending the tape off today.
We'll see what happens, but the board is for real!
Matt Pacini
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
For the record, I lifted this from another topic post....
Just thought I'd provide independent verification to my own personal opinion as stated in the post above this one.
-Alex
------------------
-
September 12th, 2001, 03:40 PM
#5
Matt Pacini
Guest
I just got a second request for a copy of my film from a distributor, this one in Italy.
So maybe I'll be the Jim Jarmusch of Italy!
(He can have France, for all I care!)
Hey, did you see him as the burger employee in Sling Blade?
Matt Pacini
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks